Monday, December 3, 2007

I mean there's a lot of things to concern yourself with these days...

...Especially if you are black in America. And s0metimes I have that whole "what different does it make" attitude about the earth and fighting for any cause. But something keeps me going. Something inside me knows that when I die, this earth is going to my daughters' grandaughters' daughter and she's going to curse me for the mess that I left.

To me, starting this blog and learning all that I can about sustainablility, recycling, green goods, renewable energy and the things I have yet to know is the same reason I fight against misogyny and racism and bigotry and ignorance and other ugly behaviors. It's just going to get worse and worse if we don't stop it.

So this blog is not for you. It's a learning experience and a project for me. I don't plan to only write about green stuff, but I would like to report on it and learn as much as I can. So here goes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great start! I've learned so much just reading your blog today! Plastic, I couldn't image life without it, but therein lies the problem. I'll stick to my processed food for now, but being more aware makes that burger not taste so good....